Setting up a receipt printer involves: • • 1. Adding the printer to your computer Choose the type of printer and operating system you use. TSP100 Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and later To install the TSP100 receipt printer on a Mac you can use the TSP100 driver and follow the TSP100 printer installation instructions. • Plug in the printer to the computer and a power outlet and turn it on. • Download the. • Install the downloaded pkg file. You will need to enter your system password to complete the install.
Welcome to the Star Micronics Global Support Site! Browse Star's online database to easily and quickly find drivers, software, documentation and FAQs. Welcome to the Star Micronics Global Support Site! Browse Star's online database to easily and quickly find drivers, software, documentation and FAQs. The World’s 1st ECO POS Printer designed to reduce Global Warming and Operating Expenditure without costing you more Star TSP100 ECO.
• Open the System Preferences and select Printers and Fax. • Click + to add a printer. Highlight the TSP100 in the add printers list. When the computer finds the appropriate driver, click Add. • Go to the section below to complete the receipt printer setup. TSP100 ECO: Windows drivers Download for the Star TSP100 Eco receipt printer and follow the instructions for your operating system in the sections below: • • • • Go to the section below to complete the receipt printer setup. TSP100: Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger) Printing with Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger requires reinstalling the print server.
NOTE: Use this procedure only if you are running MacOS 10.4 Tiger. These steps can damage newer versions. • Download these files: • • • • Install the CUPS server. Run cups-1.2.12.dmg and double-click the.pkg file and accept the default settings. You will need to enter the administrator password for the computer.
• Run usbtb-1.0.15.uni.dmg. After it is mounted, double-click usbtb.pkg.
If you are asked about searching for USBTB devices, you can cancel or skip that part of the install process. Continue the rest of the process with the default settings.
• Run starcupsdrv-2.5.0.pkg.zip and accept the default settings. • Reboot your computer. • When the computer is done loading, turn on your receipt printer. • From the Apple menu, select System Preferences > Print and fax > + to add a printer.
• In the list of printers, click TSP100 with connection usbtb. • From the Print Using list, select STAR. Make sure you select STAR with all capitals, and not Star. • For model, select TSP100 Cutter and click Add. • Select the TSP100 with the Location set to Directly attached via usb and clear it for the menu column. This printer is automatically added by OSX but will not work.
This prevents you from accidentally selecting the incorrect printer. • If you want to make the receipt printer the default selected printer, change Selected Printer in the Print Dialog to the TSP100. • Go to the section below to complete the receipt printer setup. TSP100: Windows 7 • Before you power on your TSP100 receipt printer, and extract them. • Click Start, right click My Computer and select Properties.
• In System Properties, click Device Manager. • Power on the TSP100 receipt printer. • In the Device Manager list, expand Other Devices, right click your printer and select Update Driver Software.
• On the Update Driver Software page, click Browse my computer for driver software. • Browse to where you downloaded the driver folder and choose the 32 bit or 64 bit folder, depending on the version of Windows 7 you have, and click Next.The printer is now installed and you can configure your printer for use with LightSpeed Retail. • In Devices and printers, right click the Star printer and select Printing Preferences.
• At the bottom of the Printing Preferences, click Advanced. • Set the paper size to 72 x Receipt and press OK twice to return to the printer properties window. • Right click the Star printer and select Printer Properties > Preferences > Advanced and set the paper size to 72 x Receipt and click OK. • Click Printing Defaults and set the paper size to 72 x Receipt and click OK. • Click Device Settings: • set FRICTION to 72 x Receipt • Page Cut Type and Document Cut Type to Partial Cut • Cash Drawer One to Open Before Printing (if you have a printer driven cash drawer). • Keep the first setting for Cash Drawer One - Pulse Width, at its default of 200 milliseconds.
• Newer versions of the drivers may have more installable options on the Device Settings tab. Choose these options: • Go to the section below to complete the receipt printer setup. TSP100: Windows 8 • Before you power on your Star TSP100 receipt printer,, • for Product Type, select Thermal • for Printer Family, select TSP100 • for Printer Model, select STAR TSP100ECO • for Operating System, select Windows 8 • Download the futurePRNT V5.3 Lite (118MB) driver.